Day 2 in Aberdeen - and I see that the last time I posted here was in my first year in Ardrossan. It must be something about transitions that makes me want to post thoughts (and perhaps process them that way).
I am surrounded by boxes (literally as I have set up my desk and am working among them) but not daunted by the task ahead of me. I am excited to be here - so clear that God has sent me here and looking forward to seeing what lies ahead. So far the people I have met have been so welcoming and friendly - but then I suppose they are all still on best behaviour!
And I am still struggling to disengage from Park. I want to call people and ensure they know about situations or circumstances (which I am sure they do - I suspect I am just seeking connections with the familiar) and reading the old posts below has reminded me of some of the challenges I faced in my first year there.
Martha wrote in the revgalsblogpals weekly update:
"What I do know is that we all carry an internal list of the places we have been and the networks to which we have connected. I'm grateful for all of the people and places who have touched my life"
I guess that is what I am feeling right now. I am grateful for the people and places that have touched my life and as I learn my way around a new place and new people I am aware that I am who I am because of the people and places that have shaped me.
Thank you to all of you who have been part of that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment