I took time out from the manic packing today to go to a BBQ with people I used to volunteer with. The BBQ is an annual event put on by a couple of the volunteers and is for the other volunteers. It has been some years since I did any voluntary work with the young people but I have remained on the management committee as that seemed to be maangable with all the other changes in my life.
I was in two minds about going as I have so many things to do and so little time to do them in but I remembered that it is when I am stressed and don't think I have time for friends that I need them most. boy, did today support that! I can't remember when I last laughed so much. It was a wonderful afternoon. I am going to miss these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment